Engineer-in-Training Position Description
Bob Taylor Engineering, Inc., located in Lexington Park in St. Mary's County is seeking a qualified engineer-in-training to join its professional team. This is an excellent opportunity for a student or a new graduate, who is seeking a career in the civil engineering, environment engineering, or the construction field. Tuition assistance may be available for the successful candidate.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
1. Evaluating onsite soil conditions and assist in technical writing of soil reports;
2. Logging and analyzing soils onsite with Geotechnical Drill Rig crew;
3. Office review of daily construction field reports. Assist in any engineering recommendations that are necessary;
4. Preparing proposals for geotechnical evaluation, quality control, and third party testing for commercial and residential construction;
5. Learn and assist laboratory testing of construction materials, such as concrete, asphalt, soils and aggregates.
1. Must have completed or be enrolled in a Bachelor of Science in Enginering program or a related field;
2. Must hold a valid driver's license and possess a clean driving record (NO POINTS). Applicants must supply a written driving record from MVA, if requested;
3. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.;
4. Must be able to pass a math skills test;
5. Construction background is preferred, but not necessary.
TO APPLY: Please follow these easy steps to apply.
All applicants, please take note. No phone calls will be accepted.
1. Complete a BTE Employment Application. Click here to access the application.
2. Please print your completed and signed application.
3. Email your completed application and a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants may also fax the completed application and current resume to 301-862-5764